Where do you locate your water feature? Is it necessary in the front or back garden? Which direction should the water flow?
There are specific formulas and guidelines that I apply when working with a client to determine the best Feng Shui location and position for a water feature. A water feature can have such a profound effect on people and their environment and a correctly placed water fountain is a powerful positive energy generating and attracting tool. An incorrectly placed water feature can actually drain your finances and trigger health issues.
When water is needed externally the minimum amount can vary from 40-100 gallons
depending on the sq. ft. of your building. For example, 50 gallons of water per 1,000
sq. ft. alternatively, 5% of the total square footage of your building.
Volume of water relates to standing water.
- Water must be clean and ideally moving via filter and or pump system.
- Water must not be covered so as the water can interact with the Qi. Ideally, metal containers are more supportive to the water especially in spaces where the amount of water is limited.
- The water does not need to have fish in it or any decoration however, fish do aid in the circulation of the water. If you have fish in the water then the chlorine content of the water needs to be checked so that it is not too high. Furthermore, an ultraviolet light element or reverse osmosis feature will attract and destroy airborne bacteria and viruses.
- Ideally, water flowing from a higher plateau to a lower level or at least towards the property and not away from it is beneficial. However, it is fine if the water stays at the same level and circulates from a submerged pump.
- Additionally, water needs to circulate for at least 2-3 hours per day to be affective during fine weather.
- It is not necessary for the water feature to look oriental in fact, it is preferred that it works harmoniously with your exterior décor.
Most of my clients already feel the beneficial effects their water feature has brought them and here are just a few:
- Enhanced creativity
- Abundance if many areas of their life
- Better health and well-being
- More work to the self-employed